Monday, September 6, 2010

Value of Web Conferences in Online Education

I have not been able to attend a web conference yet during this course, but I have attended them for past courses. I have also watched one of the recorded conferences to gain some clarity on our week 2 assignment. I am glad that we have web conferences because as an online class, we would have absolutely no communications with our professors without them. This is critical because I have found that one of the weaknesses of taking my degree online is the amount of miscommuncation that can occur. I have found through the several courses I have taken that professors will often feel that they are giving clear simple directions, but many of my classmates as well as myself are very confused as to what to do. I think that comes from the fact that there is no face to face contact with our professors, so it is harder to get quick feedback for clarification. I communicate with many of my classmates through facebook and wikis and we are constantly trying to figure out what is expected of us in the program. Sometimes the technical difficulties are frustrating, but that is to be expected with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment