Monday, July 19, 2010

One more Thing

Even though I knew about many of the "things" in this class, I appreciated the time to really explore them to see how I could use them in my classes. For example, I set up a basic google reader account awhile ago, but I never added many feeds beyond a few of my friends blogs. Now, I love going on Google reader to see the cool blog posts delivered straight to me. I've even begun using instapaper to deliver the posts I want to read to my Kindle. This is one "thing" that I think has become a permanent part of my routine. Flickr and creative commons were also very significant things to learn about. I have already begun using flickr more often and have found it so easy to search for creative common photos and then to attribute them when I use them in a post or lecture. Hopefully, I will be using Web 2.0 weekly in my classroom. Most of this will be accomplished through my Moodle, but I also plan on using quizlet, voicethread and flickr, just to name a few. I would also like to keep up this blog as a place to record my experiences using technology in the classroom this year. This might help other people who are going through the same process, plus I can use it as evidence in my next PDA evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment