Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thing 20: Google Docs

To be fair, this wasn't my first introduction to Google Docs. I found it myself about a year ago because I was trying to find a free alternative to Microsoft Word. Then I took a tech class though MISD and learned that Google Docs is more than just a free alternative to Microsoft Word. The collaborative aspect of Google Doc is what reallly makes it special. There are a million ways to use Google Docs in the classroom. One idea is to upload assignments so that students can never say the dog ate their homework again. Another is to have them work together on group presentations using the presentation tool. If I were still an English teacher I would especially be using it for peer revision and writer workshops. I can also see using the form tool to create quizzes and as a way to get student feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment