Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing 23: NIng

In exploring the classroom 2.0 network on Ning, I found that it was nice to have such a large community of like minded educators. As I began to explore I really liked the subgroups that were more specific within the network. I found groups that were focused on using cellphones in the classroom, those that discussed the use of Google Apps, etc. I think that pretty much every technology application for the classroom was covered. I definitely see myself going back to this site when I need help with web 2.0 in my classroom. I would love to have a Mesquite HS Ning network. Each class could have a group set up and students could communicate with each other about classes and assignments. Too bad we can't have something similar set up with Moodle. I would live for them to have a common landing page that showed all the classes they were in and combined all the calendars into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment